Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day weekend

 This was Saturday's job: packing in the culvert pipe that I added to the drainage in the back of the pasture. The old hay bales we left around the skirting was for that purpose.
 It was a 20 foot section of pipe that I cut in half to make this pair. The rest of the hay was packed around the pipe to hold it in place and start with the "bridge" over the wet/soft area. Now the filling in begins.
 The brush pile was Sunday's job. I have been waiting for the pasture to be vacant before lighting it up. Horses don't really like bonfires.
 Today, I finally took the boat out for the spring shakedown run. Yeah, I know it's quite late for that. But better late than never!
A very nice day out on the water. The water temperature was higher than I expected at 77, so the lake is warming up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment