Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 4th, plus...


 Allen came down for the 4th of July holiday, so the whole family was here. The driveway looked like it used to in Argyle, with cars everywhere.
 While he was here, Allen got us an early Christmas present - a new washer. I had to build a pedestal for it. It is built WAY heavier than is needed, but I wanted to be sure it would withstand vibration from the washer as well as the weight. This washer is heavier than a regular washer.
 It is an LG front loader and works a lot better than our old washer.
 When I mowed Kylie's place last week, I noticed the tractor wasn't pulling right, so I put a new drive belt on it.
This is the old belt. No wonder it wasn't working very well. I'm kind of surprised it was still in one piece.
 After taking Ben to Flemingsburg to be turned into white wrappers, I played with the skidsteer loader that Lisa and Jim rented. We were cleaning out the sheep barn. We brought 4 loads total over here.
Both trucks were pressed into service, as well as Lisa and Jim's truck for the last load. They were much easier to load than to unload, but we have fewer low spots in the yard now.

No comments:

Post a Comment