Saturday, January 23, 2016

Norman's return and a snowstorm

 We got Normie back just over a week ago. His massive size gave us some freezer issues. This is the stack of beef we still had to get into the freezer -
 After we had already put these 4 flats of burger in the bottom of the freezer, taking up almost half of it. It took some re-arranging and putting a couple of non-essential things outside on the porch. The weather has been cold enough to keep them frozen until we ate them.
 Our storm started on Friday morning. I managed to get home from work before it became impossible to make it up the hill. It was a long, slick ride home. I measured 12" before I started clearing the driveway.
 Lots of things were buried. It was messy getting over to the shed to get out the snow shovel. I forgot to get it out before it snowed.
 Cars cleared off and driveway cleaned. It took a couple of hours, but a lot of it was making the 4 wheeler start and stay running.
The redneck snow plow from last year had to be repaired before being put back into service. I hope I don't need it any more this year, but you never know. It sure beats shoveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment