Sunday, March 11, 2018

New bearings for the truck

 Yesterday while I was out with the truck, I heard a scraping sound coming from under the front of the truck. It sounded like a branch got caught up, but there was nothing under it when I looked. So, this morning, I pulled the rotors and bearings off to look there. I found a piece of metal inside the dust cap on the passenger side. The bearings were worn, too.
 So I went to the auto parts store and got 2 new sets, one for each front wheel. Here, the new inner bearing is installed along with the seal.
And the race is put in for the outer bearing, ready for the rest to be packed and put in. I found a bad lower ball joint while I was doing it, so it will have to go into the shop for that. I don't have the tools I would need to replace that.

No comments:

Post a Comment