Sunday, September 8, 2019

Burn pile gone

 I lit up the "new" burn pile this morning. This is all the limbs and debris from the maple branch that came down in the pasture a while back.
 I picked a spot in the pasture that the horses weren't eating from and stacked all the stuff there because I didn't feel like hauling everything over to the old burn pile.
 It burned down nicely. This is after about an hour or so, lots of coals to make sure it will keep going.
 By afternoon, there were only the big chunks left. I moved them all into a pile near the center so they could keep going.
Leaning on the fencepost is the remaining part of the branch with the trunk visible behind it. The last branch will get cut off when I finish with the big piece, leaving just an enormous stump.

No comments:

Post a Comment