Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Cabinet floor done

Over the years, the old faucet in the kitchen had leaked and that waterlogged the bottom of the cabinet. That faucet was replaced a while ago and I started tearing the old wood out on Tuesday. It's all removed in this picture, down to the floor.
I measured and re-measured to try and get it close, but it's kind of hard to read a tape measure there. I did get it very close, though. Then I drew it out on the board and cut it. The original cabinet bottom was one piece, put in before the water lines and countertop. I had to break it up into a big jigsaw puzzle that I could get through the opening.
There is a total of 4 pieces that now make up the "floor" in the cabinet. They seamed together fairly nicely. We can now use the space under the kitchen sink again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment