Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Bedroom wall/window finished up


A while ago, the window had leaked and started rotting the frame. I tore out the wet drywall then, but this was the first chance I had to rebuild it. I finished tearing out the old frame and pulled the window out, then started putting in new framing.
After I put new top and bottom sills in, I put the window back in place so I could get rid of the plastic over the hole in the wall and sealed it in. 
The bottom sill and framework took longer because of the wiring. I replaced the plug while I was working there, and used a better box and new outlet.
I still had some insulation left over from the living room addition, so I put all new insulation in. Some of the old had gotten wet when it leaked. Replacing it was the best course of action.
The first piece of drywall is put up. 
It looks better already!
I had to split the bottom piece into two. All of the pieces I had left were 1/2" too short to use as a single piece. Murphy's Law is still in effect, I suppose.
The top piece was nice and simple. I'll get to the mudding when I can. We've got a prior comittment for this weekend. I also resealed the drip edge on the roof, just to be sure it won't leak again.

No comments:

Post a Comment